SOCO ARTS LAB
OCTOBER 2019 APPLICATION JURY FOR NEW ARTIST MEMBERS
A fee of $30.00 must be submitted through Eventbrite. Click here to pay your fee. If the applicant is offered membership, $25 of the application fee will be applied to the first year’s membership fee.
Once you have paid your fee please fill out the application below and email it with your images to: SoCoAL.Founders@gmail.com.
ARTWORK SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
Each applicant must submit images of three (3) to five (5) pieces of original, complete 2D or 3D artwork. Images should be high resolution JPEG with maximum quality compression. Resolution should be between 1400-3000 pixels at 300 PPI. The work should represent the media or medium that you plan to work in at the Lab. Please name files: 1_title.jpg, that is, please use the title you have listed below. Do not include your name or initials.
Work must be the Artist’s original concept and be produced by the Artist. Commercial supplies and parts must be only a minor element of the finished piece so that it will show the hand of the Artist. Work must not be made from commercially supplied kits.
Jurors will consider the following when reviewing submissions:
Vision, unique voice, intent
Clean, unobtrusive framing and presentation
Mastery of medium
Note: This jury process is not a critique. Artists will not receive feedback from the jurors.
SUBMISSION & QUESTIONS
To submit this application, or if you have any questions, please send to SoCoAL.Founders@gmail.com.
City: _________________________________ State/Zip: ___________________________
Cell Phone: __________________________ Email: ______________________________
TITLE AND YEAR CREATED MEDIA
1. ________________________________________ _____________________________
2. ________________________________________ _____________________________
3. ________________________________________ _____________________________
4. ________________________________________ _____________________________
5. ________________________________________ _____________________________
Please attach an artist’s statement of approximately 3-4 paragraphs. This statement should be a general introduction to your work including the work's basic ideas and some detail about how these issues or ideas are presented in the work.
On a separate sheet, please answer the following questions:
1. Are you interested in leasing dedicated studio space?
2. Why do you want to be a juried member of the SoCo Arts Lab?
3. Our Mission includes outreach to the community. What skills as an artist will you bring to the Lab to support this mission?
4. What else would you like us to know about you and your art? Your response to this question may include any biographical, educational, professional or other information you would like us to consider.